Location: Marietta, Georgia
Heath & Lineback Engineers, Inc. is an established, growing, fast-paced successful engineering firm providing transportation infrastructure services including roadway design; bridge and other structural design, inspection, and maintenance; pedestrian facility design; hydrologic and hydraulic studies; civil site design; and water/wastewater/sewer design throughout the United States with offices in Marietta, GA, Carrollton, GA, Brunswick, GA and Orlando FL.
The Structural Practice of H&L is currently seeking a Bridge/Structural Design Engineer with 1-5 years’ work experience to join our team in Marietta, GA. The successful candidate will work on a variety of structural transportation related projects ranging from roadway bridges to pedestrian bridges to transit bridge structures as well as structural retaining walls and large structural vaults.
The ideal successful candidate will:
- Must possess excellent technical skills in the design of bridges and other transportation related structures, including experience with AASHTO LRFD
- Must have working experience with GDOT bridge design policy and procedures
- Possess excellent technical capability with a keen eye for detail
- Be able to work in a highly adaptable, team-oriented environment.
- Have exceptional, analysis, communication and documentation skills.
- Be willing to work reasonable overtime to meet project demands.
- Be career minded and focused on professional growth.
- Have the ability to work on multiple unique assignments simultaneously.
- Have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be a self-motivated, flexible and possess the ability to work independently with minimal direction and oversight.
- Possess the initiative and ability to tackle new projects, challenges and concepts.
- Must have solid communication skills, written and verbal, and be able to convey information to technical and non-technical individuals.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Applying knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices for assigned transportation design projects.
- Assisting a project manager with task production
- Assist in maintaining project documentation.
- Produce high quality plans that will ensure repeat business
- Engineering design including bridge geometric design and structural design.
- Engineering design for numerous bridge projects including over rivers, lakes, roads, and railroads on collector streets, urban arterials, rural and urban expressways and interstates.
- Prepare construction plans and project displays
- Prepare cost estimates, reports and technical memos
- Collecting field data, which could include conducting field observations
- Prepare memorandums summarizing analysis work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology.
- EIT/FE with ability to obtain PE in Georgia
- Skills required: experience with LEAP Bridge (CONSPAN and RCPier specifically), MathCAD, Microstation, Microsoft Office
- PE is a plus
- Previous experience with GDOT design policies and procedures is a plus.
- Bridge maintenance experience
- Bridge Inspection experience
- Design Build experience
- Microstation V8
- LEAP Bridge, CONSPAN, RCPier
- Microsoft Office
At H&L the successful candidate will be given guidance and support to develop your engineering skills, gain broad experience in the civil engineering discipline, and grow personally and professionally with exciting and challenging engineering projects.
Heath & Lineback Engineers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation. We offer opportunity for professional growth and a competitive salary and benefits package.