Location: Marietta, Georgia
Heath & Lineback Engineers, Inc. is an established, growing, fast-paced successful engineering firm providing transportation infrastructure services including roadway design; bridge and other structural design, inspection, and maintenance; pedestrian facility design; hydrologic and hydraulic studies; civil site design; and water/wastewater/sewer design throughout the United States with offices in Marietta, GA, Carrollton, GA, Brunswick, GA and Orlando FL.
The Civil Practice of H&L is currently seeking a Transportation Design Engineer with 0-3 years’ work experience to join our team in Marietta, GA. The successful candidate will work on a variety of transportation related projects ranging from roadways to pedestrian facilities to bridges.
The ideal successful candidate will:
- Possess excellent technical capability with a keen eye for detail
- Be able to work in a highly adaptable, team-oriented environment.
- Have exceptional, analysis, communication and documentation skills.
- Be willing to work reasonable overtime to meet project demands.
- Be career minded and focused on professional growth.
- Have the ability to work on multiple unique assignments simultaneously.
- Have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be a self-motivated and flexible.
- Possess the initiative and ability to tackle new projects, challenges and concepts.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Applying knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices for assigned transportation design projects.
- Assisting a project manager with task production
- Assist in maintaining project documentation.
- Produce high quality plans that will ensure repeat business
- Engineering design including geometric design of highways and streets, stormwater design (hydrology and hydraulics), traffic control design and erosion prevention and sediment control design tasks.
- Engineering design for numerous roadway projects including collector streets, urban arterials, rural and urban expressways and interstates.
- Prepare construction plans and project displays
- Assist in all aspect of roadway design including roadway alignments, cross-sections, drainage, maintenance of traffic and erosion and sedimentation control.
- Prepare cost estimates, reports and technical memos
- Completing transportation planning concept reports, roadway safety studies and general traffic engineering projects.
- Collecting field data, which could include conducting field observations
- Prepare memorandums summarizing analysis work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology.
- EIT/FE with ability to obtain PE in Georgia
- Previous experience with GDOT design policies and procedures is a plus.
- Microstation V8
- Microsoft Office
At H&L the successful candidate will be given guidance and support to develop your engineering skills, gain broad experience in the civil engineering discipline, and grow personally and professionally with exciting and challenging engineering projects.
Heath & Lineback Engineers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation. We offer opportunity for professional growth and a competitive salary and benefits package.